OBDX Pro FT is the next generation in the OBDX product family that is designed to turn your laptop or smartphone (Apple iPhones and Android) into a cutting edge diagnostic scanner for monitoring vehicle live data, fault code reading and even computer flashing. This scantool can be used with popular softwares including Forscan, Fords FJDS and many other ELM327 based or J2534 applications.
Our tool supports the following OBD2 protocols:
- Dual wire high speed CAN Bus which is found in most modern Ford vehicles. This is typically used for communication to engine and transmissions in most vehicles along with other computers.
- Mid Speed (MS CAN) CAN Bus which is found in most modern Fords, typically used for communication to infotainment, instrument cluster, park assist ect.
- 18v FEPs which is used for reflashing Engine Computers using J2534 dealership software or tuning software.
The OBDX Pro FT also supports our world class connectivity which includes Classic Bluetooth (Android OS), BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy, iPhone/Android Os), WIFI (iPhone/Android Os) as well as USB for a direct connection to your PCs. This makes it universally compatible with virtually every type of device and operating system available.
J2534 support comes standard with all of our tools. This allows using dealership grade tools such as Fords FJDS, along with supporting one of the worlds most powerful Ford diagnostic software’s, Forscan. J2534 also allows integration with other J2534 based softwares available online which includes the world renown Ford tuning software, PCMTec.
With Legacy ELM327 command support, OBDX Pro FT is compatible with 100’s of diagnostic applications for both smartphone and windows PC including Torque, Dash Command, ScanXL and Track Addict. Unlike most other OBD2 adapters, the OBDX Pro FT extends its capabilities with custom OBDX commands which allows developers to create even smarter diagnostic applications.
To ensure the latest and greatest capabilities are always in our customers hands, OBDX Pro FT supports firmware upgrades to ensure any new protocol support or changes can be easily updated to any device.
- USB, Classic Bluetooth (Android), BLE (iPhone) and WIFI (Android and iPhone) support
- Support for all iOS (iPhones and iPads) and Android smartphones
- Support J2534 applications for Advanced Diagnostics and Tuning
- Supports Fords primary OBD protocols (HSCAN and MSCAN)
- Supports 18v FEPs which is required for tuning engine computers
- Read & clear ‘Check Engine’ light using many free applications on App Store, Play Store and PC
- Supports ELM327 OBD2 Applications for smartphone and windows PC
- Free firmware updates for life
Below is a comparison between the OBDX Pro FT, GT and VX scantools
OBD Protocol | Supported Models
ALDL | GT
VPW | VX, GT
HS CANbus | VX, GT, FT
GMLAN | GT
MS CANbus | FT
FEPs 18v | FT
Supported Software Protocol | Supported Model
DPDU (Tech2win) | GT
J2534 | VX,GT,FT