OBDX Pro GT is the next generation in the OBDX product family that is designed to turn your laptop or smartphone (Apple iPhones and Android) into a cutting edge diagnostic scanner for monitoring vehicle live data, fault code reading and even computer flashing.
Our tool supports the following OBD2 protocols:
- Dual wire high speed CAN Bus which is found in almost all modern GM vehicles from 2006 and newer. This is typically used for communication to engine and transmissions in most vehicles along with other computers.
- GMLAN single wire CAN Bus which is found in most modern GM vehicles from 2006 and newer. This is typically used for communication to infotainment, HVAC, instrument cluster, park assist ect.
- J1850-VPW which is commonly implemented in GM vehicles between 1996 to 2006, this has been designed to be the fastest, most efficient and advanced tool on the market for communicating to any vehicle utilizing the VPW diagnostic protocol.
- ALDL Supports the HOLDEN version of the ALDL protocol on vehicles with the 16pin OBDII connector.
The OBDX Pro GT also supports our world class connectivity which includes Classic Bluetooth (Android OS), BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy, iPhone/Android Os), WIFI (iPhone/Android Os) as well as USB for a direct connection to your PCs. This makes it universally compatible with virtually every type of device and operating system available.
With Legacy ELM327 command support, OBDX Pro GT is compatible with 100’s of diagnostic applications for both smartphone and windows PC including Torque, Dash Command, ScanXL and Track Addict. Unlike most other OBD2 adapters, the OBDX Pro GT extends its capabilities with custom OBDX commands which allows supporting advanced tuning applications such as PCM Hammer and LS Droid Windows (version 126.96.36.199)
To ensure the latest and greatest capabilities are always in our customers hands, OBDX Pro GT supports firmware upgrades to ensure any new protocol support or changes can be easily updated to any device.
Support for J2534 applications including GM Techline SPS is supported using our J2534 API installer which is available on our downloads page. Support for DPDU for tech2win is also available.
- USB, Classic Bluetooth (Android), BLE (iPhone) and WIFI (Android and iPhone) support
- Support for all iOS (iPhones and iPads) and Android smartphones
- Support for Advanced Diagnostics and Tuning
- Supports all GM’s primary OBD protocols (ALDL, J1850-VPW, CAN, GMLAN)
- Read & clear ‘Check Engine’ light using many free applications on App Store, Play Store and PC
- Supports ELM327 OBD2 Applications for smartphone and windows PC
- Free firmware updates for life
Below is a comparison between the OBDX Pro GT, VX and FT scantools
OBD Protocol | Supported Models
ALDL | VX, GT
VPW | VX, GT
HS CANbus | VX, GT, FT
GMLAN | GT
MS CANbus | FT
FEPs 18v | FT
Supported Software Protocol | Supported Model
DPDU (Tech2win) | GT
J2534 | VX,GT,FT